It’s hard to think that the first CK event of the year has reached Inverness already, with Simple Minds, Big Country et al ready to rock and er roll. We thought that it might be worth giving a few tips for those attending:
- Nice easy one to start with, leave the car as far away as possible (if you cant keep it at home), previous experience has taught us that traffic management for similar events is not great. Think of somewhere your side of the river and get there nice and early, think also about how easy it will be to leave the spot if traffic does snarl up.
- Remember no food or alcohol or containers or camera lenses, so consider having a chilled drink (Ceol-Mor is particularly close) and or something to eat prior to going to the venue, depending on you tastes it might be worth thinking about booking a table even for a lunch time meal before the gig.
- The current weather (BBC.com) is for stormy showers during the day and heavy rain at night. Umbrellas are apparently allowed but not to be opened during performances, but we suspect that the security will not be acquaint with these rules, so we would suggest leaving them at home and packing your waterproofs. Please remember that unless there has been major changes in design there will not be a great deal of cover available.
- Normal wisdom indicates to get there early, we can only speculate that the busiest times to get in will be around opening time and between 7 or 8 (especially if it rains). Best advice, stay patient, the security are in charge (enter comment as you see fit).
- The Side are in form, new single released on Sunday and a clutch of great Festival gigs, at the moment well worth getting in a bit early to see. For more info on The Side check here
- After the event the well publicised Aftershow Party featuring Gogobots and The Side at the Ironworks is free for people with Simple Minds ticket stubs . Although for a change of pace Verse Metric at Ceol-Mor might be very tempting indeed.
- You can twitter us while at the event (@invernessgig) any reviews or pictures will be gratefully recieved at email@example.com
Any other suggestions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org